Bone Broth for Pets
Introducing Bone Broth for Pets — Yup, your fur babies can have bone broth too! In fact bone broth is a super healthy & tasty meal additive for pets. It's full of important nutrients and minerals like magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, collagen, and gelatin that pets need to live a healthy life. Bone broth is also very flavorful, easy to digest, and has the ability to expedite healing among many other benefits. It's no wonder this is dubbed the superfood (or supersoup) for pets!
- Rich in collagen, gelatin, protein
- Protects joints, relieves joint pain & arthritis
- Detoxes the liver
- Supports gut health & digestion
- Increases appetite for sick pets & picky eaters
- Reinforces immune system
- Reduces gas, bloat, inflammation
- Keeps your pet hydrated
Broth for Pets can be served cool or warm on its own, mixed into your pet's dry/wet food or drinking water, or even frozen in trays to create ice-cold treats!
INGREDIENTS: Chicken / beef bones, carrot, celery, ginger, apple cider vinegar, rosemary. Absolutely ZERO salt, sugar, and other unwanted ingredients here!
SERVING SIZE: Each individually pack of Broth for Pets contains 500ml of bone broth. This amount can be split into multiple servings, depending on your pet's weight. As with any new food, introduce the bone broth slowly to assess your pet's reaction and work your way up adding more as needed.
|Under 20 pounds
|30-60ml per day
|60-90ml per day
|90-120ml per day
|120-150ml per day
|Above 80 pounds
|150-180ml per day
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE: Our broths last up to five (5) days refrigerated and six (6) months frozen. Keep refrigerated or frozen at all times.
Everything you need to know about Ordering, Delivery, Storage, Prep, Consumption, and the Benefits of bone broth. Read through these FAQs so you don't go into it blind!
ORDERING & DELIVERY
1. How do I place an order? Simply visit our website, add your desired items to cart, and fill in the necessary details to checkout.
2. What are your payment methods? We accept bank deposit, GCash, Maya and GrabPay payments via our website.
3. Do you deliver / allow pick ups? For addresses within Metro Manila, we charge a flat rate of ₱250 for delivery and allow customers to pick up their orders from our Metro Manila HQ. For addresses outside Metro Manila, we allow pick up only. Courier fees are ℅ customer and we highly recommend booking a courier with an insulated box to ensure broths arrive safely.
4. Where is the pick up location? Acropolis Greens Subdivision in Bagumbayan, Quezon City. Exact address will be provided to customer when order is ready for pick up. Courier fees are ℅ customer and we highly recommend booking a courier with an insulated box to ensure broths arrive safely.
5. When will my broths be ready? Our broths are cooked in small batches so it takes us some time to fulfill orders. We appreciate your patience! Kindly note that we only slot in paid orders, meaning we cannot guarantee dates unless an order has been paid for. Once paid, you will receive an SMS from our team indicating when your broths should be ready. For unpaid orders, kindly check the soonest available date by messaging us on Instagram.
6. Which broth should I choose? The main difference of our broth flavors is just the type of bones used. None is particularly "healthier" than another, so we suggest choosing based on your meat / taste preference. The chicken broth will taste like a lightly seasoned chicken tinola, the pork broth like a lightly seasoned pork nilaga, and the beef broth like a lightly seasoned beef bulalo. We also have a Mixed Broth package for those that want to try all 3 flavors and Veggie Broth for those avoiding meat.
STORAGE & PREP
1. How do I store the broths? Our broths are freshly made on weekdays. If they arrive still warm, let them cool to room temperature first, and then store in the fridge or freezer depending on when you intend to consume them. The broths last up to 5 days refrigerated and up to 6 months frozen. Production date is indicated in the broths' packaging.
2. How long is the shelf life of your broths? The broths last up to 5 days refrigerated and up to 6 months frozen. Production date is indicated in the broths' packaging.
3. How do I prepare the broths? If broths are frozen, let them thaw on the counter a few hours before consumption or in the fridge overnight until it gets to a pourable liquid consistency. Once the broth has thawed, pour out contents into a heat-safe container and heat up in the microwave or stovetop until it reaches your desired temperature. For those going on a broth cleanse, broths may be consumed as is or with additional spices, seasonings, acids, and MCT oil. Sugar and other additives with calories are not allowed to increase the effectivity of the cleanse. For those doing meal replacement, having broth with meals, or cooking with broth, absolutely anything goes!
CONSUMPTION & BENEFITS
1. How often should I consume bone broth? It is recommended to drink at least 1-2 cups of bone broth daily to reap its benefits. For those with pre-existing health conditions, it's best to check with your doctor first if you can regularly consume bone broth.
2. What are the benefits of consuming bone broth? You may view some of the top health benefits of bone broth here.
3. What is a broth cleanse and how do I go about it? A broth cleanse is essentially a liquid fast spanning at least a full day where your body's primary fuel is broth. You will need to consume 3 servings or a total of 1.5L of broth in a day. The timing of when you drink them doesn't really matter, but the most practical would be to consume a serving each for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The broths can be taken plain or with additional spices (i.e. salt, pepper, turmeric powder, and cayenne pepper), acids (i.e. apple cider vinegar, lemon juice), and MCT oil. Other permitted liquids during a broth cleanse are lots of water, lemon water, plain non-caffeinated herbal tea, plain black coffee / cold brew, and plain green tea. Consuming sugar, milk, and other additives is highly discouraged as this will significantly decrease the effectivity of the cleanse.
4. Do you have tips for first-time broth cleansers? Listening to your body is the most important rule. Although we recommend really committing and strictly following the rules of the cleanse (meaning no sugar, no solid foods, just broth and the permitted liquids), you can go ahead and make smart modifications (like adding a small portion of vegetables to the soup) if you think you really need it. There's no shame in not being able to complete the strict cleanse immediately. We have two first-timer programs that you can check out: Beginner's 7-Day Meal Replacement / Beginner's 1-Day Cleanse
5. What preparations can I do to give me a higher chance of success in the broth cleanse? Eating clean (avoiding junk food, sugar, dairy, and meat) for a full week prior to the cleanse can help prepare the body before a cleanse. But the best preparation one can do is really having the right mindset. As with any fast, the broth cleanse is a physical, mental, and emotional challenge that takes practice and discipline. Know what you're getting yourself into and give yourself the best chance of success by avoiding triggers that might cause you to slip. Our Beginner's 1-Day Cleanse includes a preparatory meal replacement regimen to equip you for a full-day cleanse.
6. What should I expect during the broth cleanse? Going on a cleanse is definitely no walk in the park. It's likely that you will feel hungry and have the urge to eat while on the cleanse. Some with unhealthy diets might even develop flu-like symptoms due to sugar withdrawal. Try to stick with it but also listen to your body and make adjustments when necessary. It's difficult to complete a cleanse at first but you get better and develop more control with practice.
7. I don't think I can do or finish the cleanse. What should I do? Having some bone broth is always better than none. A cleanse is something you can build up to eventually, but not everyone needs to do a cleanse, especially if it's not aligned with your health goals. Here are some easier and more sustainable options for bone broth consumption:
- BROTH WITH MEALS: Try consuming a half or full serving of bone broth as an appetizer before your meal. Aside from reaping the benefits of broth, you'll notice yourself consuming less during the meal by starting with broth.
- BROTH AS A COOKING LIQUID: Our bone broth is flavorful while still being versatile to use in any dish that calls for stock / liquid. Use it as a more nutritious base for your soups, stews, and other dishes!
- BROTH AS MEAL REPLACEMENT: Replace an entire meal or two with bone broth. The most practical meal to replace is dinner since that's when you need the energy the least. You can also try the OMAD (One Meal a Day) diet and have 1 full meal (ideally breakfast or lunch) and replace the rest of your meals with broth.
8. Can I consume bone broth if I have pre-existing health conditions? Bone broth is a soothing and nourishing health drink that can help alleviate negative health symptoms and promote better health. However, for anyone with pre-existing conditions or taking medication, we recommend to always check with your doctor first.
9. Can I consume bone broth while pregnant or breastfeeding? Absolutely! Bone broth is safe for pregnant and lactating mamas. In fact, a lot of the health benefits of bone broth are perfect for preggos and breastfeeding moms. We wouldn't recommend going on a cleanse though — perhaps just consume the broths with meals, cook with the broth, or only use it to replace 1 meal at most. Pregnant and breastfeeding moms will need all the nutrients they can get from a variety of healthy food so having bone broth alone will not suffice. For moms with pre-existing conditions or taking medication, best to check with your doctor first.
10. Can I feed bone broth to my baby? Yes, bone broth is safe and healthy for babies. Mamas usually purchase our Unsalted Bone Broth Package for their babies since these broths are free of any spices or seasonings. If you’re worried about 6 packs of broth being too much, the broths actually last pretty long (5 days refrigerated and up to 6mos frozen) + you as a mama can share with your baby. Just add salt for mama so that it’s most flavorful.
11. Can I feed bone broth to my pet? Yes, bone broth is actually healthy for pets too! We have Pet-safe Bone Broths that're made with ZERO salt, sugar, and other unwanted ingredients, meaning it's 100% safe for dogs and cats to consume. We wouldn't recommend feeding the other broths to your pets since those are made with humans in mind.
Got any more questions? Send us a message on Instagram and we'll get back to you ASAP! ☺